Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 3 January 27, 2012


Day 3 January 27, 2012

Had to get up extra early for an airport drop off this morning.  Sookie (my beloved Boxer - see pic) didn't mind the schedule adjustment on her morning walk so we hit the chilly streets.  The darkness was a  reminder of those magical morning hours long before dawn.  I've got to get back into waking up earlier than early.

Woot Woot!  90 minutes and I’ve done HardCore, the Stength Class and ten minute gratitude meditation!

Time crunched today … so this will be short.

Very glad I did HardCORE before Strength.  Would have never happened the other way around.  This is quite the program for beginners.  I feel the need to repeat again to new yogis to not get discouraged.  I perform all sorts of fitness feats and the combo of these two DVD’s is beyond a killer workout.

My hip flexors, inner thighs and glutes were so worked from the previous days, I really just wanted to hold anjani asana (low lunge) for 90 minutes today, but I got through it.

The strength class is another tough flow of mostly standing poses with lots of yoga pushups and a side arm balance series thrown in.  I had my heater rockin’ today, but remembered something I learned in my Ashtanga studies … that heat lends itself more towards a flexibility practice, that it will zap your energy for strength.  And it did.  I kept it on, but made a mental note to just have the room at “room temp” next time.

Still thinking a lot about food during practice.  So funny!

But, today was all about salad dressings.  I am not really watching calories or fat … so if anyone has any good whole food salad dressing recipes – bring ‘em on. 

On my last visit to San Francisco I had the Dino Kale salad at The Plant Organic Café.  Kale, greens, red quinoa, avocado, almonds, cucumbers … and this amazing lemon cumin dressing!  I’m fixated.

Today’s Smoothie:
Makes 2 servings
2 cups water
1 lime 
½ Bag Trader Joes Organic Baby Spinach
1 Organic Romaine Heart
1 banana
¼ cup frozen pineapple
¼ cup frozen mango
3 tbsp Nutiva Hemp Protein
2 tbsp flax
Blend in Vitamix and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment