Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 12 February 5, 2012




Slept amazing last night after a wonderful 15 minute guided meditation.  I used “AM & PM Yoga Meditations” by Gael Chiarella,  CD Two, Meditation 3: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep.  And did I ever …

Woke up recharged and ready to do Detox and HardCORE (saving my mediation for evening.)

A word on scheduling … husband keeps mentioning to me how LONG these DVD’s take … and yes, this program definitely takes some time and dedication – realistically, two hours per day.

I have resolved to wake up early during the week to get the program and in and not feel rushed or like it is taking over my day in a negative way, but I am realizing that I am going to have to do the same thing on weekends.

During both practices – Saturday and today – I felt like I was taking a huge chunk of my “free days” for this program.  And although Travis mentions in the Detox video that it is imperative to take time for yourself – to be “selfish in order to be selfless,” I think that I will have to sacrifice some sleep in time so that I still get my full days.

I did 15 minutes of another core focused DVD instead of HardCORE – just don’t want to wear that one out … I know myself – I will get bored … and it makes the HardCORE workout more of  a challenge for me doing it once a week.

Then, Detox class.  Love this one.  That triangle/twisting triangle/twisted half moon/standing splits/seated twist series is SWEET.  Realizing that I have very different hips than I had a year and a half ago … so tight, so filled with the grief of losing my brother.  The discomfort I feel physically is an accurate metaphor for what has accumulated in that area of my body … the storehouse for so much human emotion.  But, as Travis says … this program will “chisel away” everything that is not “ultimate.”

Made an awesome pot of veggie soup over the weekend.  Here is the recipe:

Veggie Soup
2           2-tbsp coconut oil
 1- onion chopped1-    bunch green onions chopped
 1 – pound organic baby carrots
2-    bunches organic celery hearts
1-    pound chopped organic kale
12 – cups vegetable stock
 2 – jalapenos chopped
 Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Sauté onion and green onion in coconut oil until almost clear.  Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.  Add carrots and celery, season to taste.  Reduce to simmer and cover for 30 minutes.  Add Kale and jalapeno.  Turn of heat, cover and let stand for one hour.  Bring to a simmer before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment