Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 16 February 9, 2012



Finally got a restful night’s sleep, but then made the mistake of checking email before practice.  Ended up online for 90 minutes before hitting the mat.  So bad, so unhealthy.  I am going to consciously work to unplug when I do not have to be online, so please do not be alarmed if you do not get an immediate response to an email or text. Need to stick to: wake up, yoga ... then life.

Really went deep into the Cardio class today.  I was able to really meld breath and movement to get my heart rate up quite a bit.

The extended side angle/reverse warrior flow proved to be a doozy for my glutes once again! 

Starting to feel my yoga muscles hugging the bones more snuggly, resulting in a tightening up (in a good way – no relation to flexibility) of the physique.  Ahhhh, the vanity bonus of a power yoga practice.

Smoothie, errands, then work today.

Tip: I store my extra smoothie portions in spaghetti sauce jars!

Very Green Berry Smoothie
Makes 3 servings
Use Organic if possible

2 cups water
3 stalks celery
1 head romaine lettuce
2 huge handfuls raw spinach
1 bunch cilantro
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen “antioxidant” berry mix (cherries, pomegranate, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)
1 tbsp E3Live
3 tbsp Hemp Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment