Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 13 February 6, 2012



Wonderful night of sleep after another 15-minute meditation from the “AM & PM Yoga Meditations” by Gael Chiarella, CD.  Did track 4 on CD 2, “The Lullaby of Breath.”

Woke up naturally at 4:11am – before my alarm was set for 4:30am.  The extra minutes allowed me a bit more leisurely cup of coffee before the Vitality class this morning.


Turned the heat up a tad in the house to make up for the early morning chill and had a really nice practice.

I am so much more relaxed and focused practicing at the early hour, knowing that I have time, am not rushed and am setting myself up for a more full day.  I really found depth in the back bends today, more in my upper back and chest than I usually do.

But, the deepest opening came during the reclining twists at the very end of class.  With each inhale my muscles naturally elongated and with my exhales I sunk deeper into these twists than I have in years.  I could just feel myself falling deeper and deeper into the twist.

Then, during savasana, my husbands alarm went off on cell phone (it should have been in the bedroom with him, but alas – it seems it was left in the kitchen.)  I tried to maintain and release into corpse pose, but I was too distracted by the vibrating, pulsating scream of the cell phone.

Oh well, note to self – do a cell phone check before practice – just like at a shala.

Made a delish smoothie for this morning, here’s the recipe:


Mango Cilantro Very Green Smoothie
Makes two servings
Use organic when possible.
2 cups water
1 cup frozen mango
1 frozen banana
1 bunch cilantro
1 head romaine lettuce
3 stalks celery
½ lime – squeezed for juice
½ Meyer Lemon – squeezed for juice
1 tbsp E3 Live algae
3 tbsp Hemp Protein
Place water, lemon juice, lime juice, algae, hemp protein and frozen fruit in Vitamix and blend.  Add romaine, cilantro and celery and blend.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment