Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 14 February 6, 2012



Woke up before that darn alarm again today! 
Mountain pose, pranayama and meditation on the schedule.
Perfect practice for a full moon!

Traditionally, Ashtanga takes full and new moon days off … so having this pranayama meditation practice sits very well with me today, because man alive – that full moon energy is ROCKIN!

Anticipating an energetic shift … some change coming …

The Mountain Pose class whizzed by and I was perfectly “blissed” afterwards.

I had some difficulty during pranayama today that I have not experienced up to this point.  I couldn’t catch long, full breaths on alternate nostril breathing; on the “holds” I felt like I was suffocating.  I hope this is not a metaphor for something else in my life. 

I literally could not stay the holds, I had to take extra breaths to get air in.

My chest felt tight and almost painful.

I felt great relief once the meditation started and chose to do it lying down, covered with a blanket.  I was able to release, relax and let go and finished refreshed.

Fun day ahead after work today …  picking up a beautiful vintage vanity to organize the “clutter” of beauty products in my life.  (It’s part of my job – don’t judge!)  I’ve wanted a vanity my entire life …  will post pics tomorrow.

Meantime – here’s the salad I’ll be munching on the next few days:

"Eat me, I’m Beautiful Salad"
Makes a lot
Use organic everything if possible

Salad:
1 head Romaine lettuce
3 cups baby mixed greens
4 stalks celery chopped
1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes
1 cup chopped mini peppers
1 cucumber chopped
½ cup pomegranate seeds
Mix all washed, chopped in a bowl

Dressing:
·       1/4 cup water
·       3 tablespoons Dijon mustard 
·       2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice 
·       2 teaspoons olive oil 
·       1/4 teaspoon salt 
·       1/4 teaspoon pepper 
·       2 garlic cloves, minced 
Place all ingredients in blender and blend.  Drizzle over salad.  Also great for dipping artichokes!



No comments:

Post a Comment