Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 15 February 8, 2012



Wonderful adventure on our search for a vintage vanity yesterday.  We had traveled two hours each way from our home one day, and 45 minutes each way yesterday, only to readjust our plan and find the perfect piece right in our own town. 
Alas, sometimes you search so far and so hard for something only for it to turn up in your own backyard.  Maybe I shouldn’t be looking so intently.  I should be observing what is happening right here, right now.  Ahhhhh – that “stay present” message once again in my life …
Had a very strong Crosstrain practice today.  (I did 15 minutes of a core focused DVD instead of HardCORE and will meditate tonight.)
Became very aware that the injury I sustained in upavishta konasana three years ago is not perfectly healed, but has certainly allowed for more openness in my left hip.
Makes me wonder … every Ashtanga teacher I have ever had has maintained that injury is merely clearning way for a opening.  I have to admit; every injury I’ve ever sustained has eventually healed and allowed for more flexibility and/or strength in the area injured.
Going to take Sookie for a short hike, then smoothie and work.
What have YOU been searching for that may be resting before your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment